Our hero, Dolly Parton, once said, “it takes a lot of money to look this cheap.” Now it takes less: Versace and H&M have been teasing out the fruits of their labor for months, but we finally get a full look at the inexpensive collaboration that’s had budget-fiends everywhere talking. In 300 H&M stores worldwide November 17th, H&M’s latest designer collaboration is everything we expected: Versace’s trashtastic aesthetic synthesized into simple, easy-to-buy separates like studded mini-dresses, leather pants and airbrushed silk purses that will unleash the inner party girl or boy in everyone.
116 images >
>> The full Versace For H&M lookbook is here. The collection, which launches in select countries on Nov. 17 and in the US on Nov. 19, runs from $19.95 costume jewelry up to $299 for a leather jacket and the studded leather dress Anna Dello Russo wore. Also included in the offering for the first time — home decor, which consists of pillows, priced $29.95 and $39.95, and a bedspread, at $149.
Versace for H&M full lookbook
“The collection for H&M is the essence of Versace,” Donatella Versace stated. “For the collaboration we’ve brought back from the archives, as well as from more recent collections, some of the icons of Versace, such as the bright prints, the Greek key, and daring cuts. I can’t wait to see how H&M’s wide audience will make these pieces their own.”
A complete look — plus price info — in the slideshow.
- Versace for H&M | The Lookbook (modedimitri.com)
- First Look: The Versace x H&M Womens Lookbook (lifesobsessions.com)
- Versace for H&M Lookbook Sneak Peek (fmdsblog.wordpress.com)
- Versace x H&M – Men’s 2011 Accessories Collection (projectfliday.com)
- Gallery: Every Single Piece From Versace’s H&M Collection (thegloss.com)
- Versace for H&M (girlabouttownpr.wordpress.com)
- Outrageous Neon Ensembles – The Versace for H&M Men’s Collection Campaign is Bold and Bright (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- [TheGloss] The Versace x H&M Men’s Collection Is Absurd (thegloss.com)